I haven’t been nominated for an award since senior year in high school. It was for Homecoming. I’ve got to say that was pretty cool, but sadly I lost and then things afterwards got a little bad. Anyways, I’m very thankful that anybody would ever want to nominate me or my little blog here. I love blogging! I love telling my stories about my life. I love doing the writing challenges that and working on the small story right now. Hopefully I’ll continue with that, but right now I got to do this!
So, what’s this award all about? You can call it Favorite Blog Award, as “Liebster” is a German word for beloved, or dearest. However, there is neither competition nor a jury. It is like a chain letter, or in this case, a “chain tag”, meant to help new, but talented bloggers with less than 200 followers to be discovered by the rest by the rest of the world.
To accept this award, all you have to do is:
1.) Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you (this would be me :)).
2.) Answer ten questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you (see the questions below).
3.) Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
4.) Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees the way you were notified.
The first questions:
1. What motivates you to write?
Me: Almost everything motivates me, I just have to be in the mood to write about them. Which isn’t always easy for me?
2. Whom do you consider as your inspiration in life?
Me: I am inspired by others. I’m an observer majority of the time. Apparently it runs in my family!
3. What is your favorite quote or proverb?
Me: I honestly don’t think I have one favorite quote, because I find a new one everyday on Pinterest, but there is one that I like a lot. “Life is Beautiful.”
4. Choose five words to describe yourself
Me: Quiet, different, loving, mysterious, and sarcastic.
5. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
Me: Keep fighting for myself as an individual.
6. Given a wish by God, what would you ask Him?
Me: Will I ever find somebody that would be able to look past my struggles and want to stay and have a life with me?
7. Do you believe in dreams? Why or why not?
Me: I believe in dreams. A lot of my dreams don’t come true. Which in some cases, would be a bad thing, but I believe that I can deal with them only being dreams and not making them come true.
8. What is your favorite book and why?
Me: This Is Gonna Hurt by Nikki Sixx. I picked this book because his photographs were very dark and mysterious, and I have never liked that sort of thing, because I’m a big cat. He accepts things and people the way they are and thinks we’re all beautiful. So after reading that book I have grown to look darker stuff and beginning to like myself on good days.
9. Your biggest regret in Life!!
I don’t think I have any regrets as of this moment.
10. If you have to change something in yourself, what would it be?
You know after years of being asked this question. Even I’ve asked myself this time a few times. I’ve said different answers, but right now I don’t want to change anything about myself.
The blogger who nominated me questions:
1. How and when did you decide to create a blog?
I created my first ever blog in 2009, during my senior year in high school. My Grammar teacher wanted us to make them for her class. I kept that blog up and running for two years, almost three years before I made this one, two years ago. I wasn’t really sure that I would even keep it as long as I have.
2. What do you write/like writing about the most?
I like writing short stories. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of writing challenges and when I was in school, I was an overachiever I guess, I did more than we had to, but my teachers didn’t seem to have a problem with that. Three of the writing has different word count that you have to follow. In the beginning I hated them with a passion, but after a while, I got the hang of it.
3. Other than blogging, what do you enjoy doing?
I like to sing, listen to music and read books.
4. What is your favorite book/books?
I like history, mostly biographies and memoirs. I have another side for romance also.
5, What is your favorite quote?
“Be okay with where you are even if you want to change.”
6. Describe yourself in one word.
7. Given a chance, what would change about yourself?
I would change the one part that always seems to go away very fast, my memory.
8. What talent, other than writing, would you have wished to be born with?
Well considering I’ve been blessed with being able to do almost everything with my toes, the one thing I’d like to master is how to use chopsticks.
9. What was your childhood dream and has it come true?
My childhood dream was probably move out and live on my own. I can’t do that so no, it hasn’t came true, but that’s okay.
10. Do you see yourself continuing to blog in the future? Why?
I would hope to continue to blog. I don’t think this world can have too many stories of me running over people’s feet, countless pictures of cats, and read little stories that seem to flood my mind at any given time. J
My questions for my nominees:
1. Before you started blogging, have you ever kept a journal or diary?
2. What helps you get ideas for your posts?
3. Do you think weather changes, motivates you to do a post, or no?
4. Have you ever finished a book series?
5. What was the last book you read?
6. What is the most awkward thing you’ve ever done?
7. What and where was your first concert?
8. Have you ever completed a writing challenge before?
9. If you could go back in time, what era would you want to spend a week in?
10. Do you believe history repeats itself?
Blogs that I nominate:
http://aruail.wordpress.com/ (person who nominated me!)
I love all these blogs and the people who run them are pretty awesome! 😀