Well, it’s happened again. I’ve been nominated for another blog award, granted it’s the same one I was nominated for last year but I’ve read there’s a few rules to get through before you can actually wear the badge with pride on your blog, one of the rules are is that you need to be nominated from like five other bloggers. It really is like a chain letter. Anyways, I say this but it never means I’m not grateful for them and for the bloggers to send to me. It’s so always so sweet because as a blogger, you never think people read your blog, they just skim through it! Well apparently not my friend and fellow blogger Buffalo Girl!
She is such an amazing woman, I love to read her blog posts. I actually make time in my day to read them – you know I’m obsessed now! She always makes me smile and laugh in her posts but one thing that I found really inspiring is that she is an anonymous blogger. Meaning, she does NOT post a full picture of herself and she hasn’t reveal her name either. From the first time I started reading her posts and talking to her on Twitter, yes we chat on Twitter! She’s made me want to clean up how I post pictures on the Internet, in other words on Twitter and my blog. I was never really comfortable with sharing what I looked like on here in the first place but I knew I had to have some proof of my disability for any of you to understand that I’m not shitting you. Now I just post pictures of my arms and feet, since that’s basically all my disability is about, except of course, my wheelchair. So this is what she’s inspired me to do. And she calls me an inspiration, pffft please!
This is how it’s going to go down, there are some rules to this award, so read all about it and then read the blogs that I have nominted for the award too!
1. Link back the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger.
3. Give 11 facts about yourself.
4. Also, list 11 questions you’d want your nominated bloggers to answer.
5. Nominate 5 bloggers for the award.
Questions From Buffalo Girl:
1. If you could only eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of your life, what would you pick? You can have whatever you want for your other meals but you have to have the same thing every morning because I said so.
I would choose fruit honestly, because for one thing I don’t eat enough of it and I think eating it once a day for the rest of my life would be a healthy choice, right?
2. What’s your favorite song?
This is a BAD question when you constantly find new music everyday of your life, but I’ll give you three for today: Lullabies by Yuna, Bones Exposed by Of Mice & Men, and lastly Tell Mama by The Civil Wars ❤
3. If you could live in any place in the world, in any time period throughout history, where and when would you pick?
I’m not going to lie, I would want to live in the 1800s or somewhere along there, whether I’m in the states or in the UK doesn’t really matter. I feel like I know more about that time frame in the US than I do overseas, so take me there I guess!
4. You have to go to space for one year and you can only bring 5 things. (Things – not people or pets). What would you bring?
I would bring three books that I have not read yet. Markers and a coloring book. Lotion. and my wheelchair (could you imagine me in my wheelchair doing backflips in space, haha!)
5. What’s your favorite pair of shoes that you own?
Well, this is somewhat of a touchy subject considering I don’t/can’t wear shoes. So I’ll just switch this up a bit, I hate both tight and ankle socks. Yuck!
6. If you had to be any infamous evil villian, who would you pick?
Magneto, I’m a BIG Marvel girl. 😀
7. What was the weirdest dream or nightmare that can remember having?
The most weirdest dream was actually from this morning, I seriously have no idea what it means but it was full of evil magic and birds. I’m thinking The Hunger Games: Catching Fire had something to do with it considering I finished that movie yesterday.
8. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for one of my classes during my senior year of high school, how and why I continued to go on with it remains a mystery to me and my family, because everytime I wrote stuff in a diary/journal it would be the real me and this somehow worked for me and it’s been a great release and healing place for me ever since.
9. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
My guiltiest pleasure is watching Disney movies in front of adults and I do it proudly because I know they are making fun of me in their heads!
10. What’s the one word or phrase that you know you overuse, but can’t seem to stop?
Um, it’s probably “what the crap?” but it’s a lot better to say out in public than the other way.
11. Finish this sentence: “I am beautiful, amazing person, and the thing I love most about myself is that I…” And your answer can’t be something appearance related.
I have learned from my mistakes but also others as well, I am more optimistic, I pick my battles, and I know that NOT everyday is going to be a bad day.
11 Facts About Me:
1. I don’t like wearing bracelets on my wrists, they have to be in on my ankles and if they’re not my hands/fingers go insane for the whole day because they’re so sensitive to certain textures.
2. I am a lover of skulls, one of my friends is the same way and I am tempted to go into her house but I’m afraid I’ll never leave.
3. I have been through a musical journey, I’ve somehow been into every genre of music, even a few I said I’d never get into like classic rock, death metal, folk, and country.
4. I don’t like tea and/or coffee.
5. I was NEVER into apple juice, grape juice, chocolate milk you make from using chocolate syrup and any type of green vegetable (but can’t count green beans and lettuce) when I was younger but now I love them all.
6. I still have majority of my stuffed animals. My ultimate favorites are in this bookshelf that should be used for my never-ending stack of books but no, that’s where my little creatures sleep.
7. I was NEVER a lover of cats growing up. Our first cat Oliver has been an adventure for us all ever since my sister tried to “help” him with his milk. Now he’s old, blind in one eye, walks with a bit of a limp, and has nose and pulling out his own fur problems. We have (as of now) 8 other cats that live outside. My dad can no longer say he hates cats considering the last three males from the liters have stayed with us because they were his favorites. My kittens are usually the ones given away or killed.
8. Since we’re talking about animals, I am a BIG supporter of pit bulls. I think people are giving the breed a bad rap and it’s not the dogs fault if they were raised to fight, it should be the owners and if you think otherwise well then you need to get yourself educated and I’ll be glad to help you with that because we had a beautiful pit bull named Chance (as kids, my sister and I were obsessed with the Homeward Bound movies) and she was the most lovable dog ever!
9. I don’t like I need to wear makeup to feel beautiful, I proudly say it out in public because it is hassle to put on whenever you’re not doing it yourself and trust me, I’d rather have my sister put on my makeup than my mom any day.
10. I don’t think I’ll ever be comfortable getting a medi/pedi, since my arms and fingers are so different from others that it’s difficult for my mom to even cut my nails off. There are some good parts about your pinkies being hidden underneath other fingers because if somebody does a bad job on that finger nobody knows.
11. I am SO glad that I am no longer in school anymore and getting up early isn’t exactly a drag.
11 Questions For My Nomintees:
1. What is your favorite quote or proverb?
2. What is your favoritr day of the week? Not Saturday or Sunday, just week.
3. What is your favorite sound?
4. If you were in the middle of a small city, the only things you had with you were your jacket and your new camera, which of these three objects would make you snap a picture? An old building, with a collapsed roof and broken windows, a bed of dying flowers, or a small farm of horses eating on the hill in the distance?
5. What is the one thing that you still have from your days in high school, your old class shirts, varsity jacket, class rings?
6. What is the one show that you just cannot miss for the world everytime it is on at night?
7. What is your favorite scented candle?
8. I know you’ll be craving Thanksgiving dinner after reading this, but what is your favorite go-to dessert to eat during the holidays?
9. Name three types of trees. GO!
10. Who was your childhood crush? It can be from your favorite childhood movie, TV show, boy band, hell even an old classmate?
11. Describe yourself in one word.
Here Are My Nominates!
Each Mood I Have: Sandy is a beautiful woman, who talks about beauty, fashion, lifestyle and is a gamer. In other words, she’s a nerd like me!
Jenni Hearted: Jenni is such a sweetheart, she talks about beauty, lifestyle, fashion, but also food, she has actually decided to start eating vegan this past week. I’m not going to lie, I’m very curious about it all and I can’t wait to read about them.
Fine and Dandy: Claire is my friend that I’ve talked about a lot in this here blog, nothing like meeting somebody who treats just as if she’s met you face-to-face, she’s a beauty, lifestyle, DIYer, and everything in between.
All That Glitters: Miss Candice, I love her blog, I really do. I have learned a lot of things about the ole West Coast. She’s a lifestyle, fashion, food, and travel.
The British Girl: Beth, I love her blog, it’s another one of those blogs that I make time to catch up on because I’m always missing something on her blog. She is definitely a travel, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle blogger all the way.