Mel and Michele are the hosts of Ketchup With Us. There are two ways of doing a post. You could do it in the way I’ve been doing it. A 10 minute post of whatever is in your head at the moment. Or you could link up any post you want, brand new or old post on your blog. For the month of June, they’ve got a new prompt added to the mix and it is all about lists! Everybody loves a good list! So once you’re done with whatever you’ve chosen to do, just send it to their blogs!
I keep going back and forth between if I really wanted to do this list thing or not, but ultimately decided to go through with it and use the theme of summer to guide me along. I’m keeping the whole music thing because it gets you guys something new to listen to, if you are in the mood for something different. I’m in a really big mood for both Bring Me The Horizon and Of Mice & Men since yesterday afternoon. I literally got throughBMTH’s album that came out last year this afternoon. I’m so proud of myself and it is a bad ass album. So back to summer, are any of these things your favorite things to do in summer?
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – I got to have one of these babies yesterday, my dad is kind of like me sometimes. He doesn’t like to share foods that he likes because he knows somebody will end up liking it as well. Since my sister’s been home, we’ve been noticing that majority of our favorite foods are gone because she’d taken upon herself to eat theme. Ice cream included. Well, she’s been working out trying to lose weight which I find to be ridiculous because she is NOT fat by any means. So my dad came into my room yesterday just out of the blue with it in his hand and it was like I was 10 years old again and went a little crazy. It’s seriously been YEARS since I’ve had one of these things so I was going to savor every last bite. However, my little piece of heaven was ruined when dad would bite off a small bite for ChiChi to have, at the time I was fine if he ate it too. Instead the dog joined in!
- Drinks – Well, our neighbors had a party and I didn’t go over until my mom went over after she got home from work. My dad doesn’t like it when I drink, even though I’m legal to do so! When my mom asked why I hadn’t went over there yet, he had some excuses but my favorite was “they have cherry vodka over there.” I have not drunk any sort of alcohol since August for my mom’s birthday but even then did that drink end up on my shirt, pants, hands, and seat. I got to have a few sips of raspberry vodka, not going to lie but I liked it and I normally hate any raspberry flavoring!
- Summer Anthems – Every summer has a story! That’s a true statement in my book, literally summer for me has a different outcome and I have mostly loved that concept of the fact I’ll never know what kind of turns and twists I’ll have in the next two months, but I’m ready! Summer also brings out the best in music as well. Even though I’m doing a music travel on Tuesdays, I’m still looking forward to all of the music anthems of summer. It always makes things even better and interesting!
- Out & About – I like to go places, but I feel like summer is usually the time where I get out the most. In the colder weather I’m just stuck inside and as much as I hate the damn bugs, I look forward to having the A/C on and being able to walk over to the neighbors and hang out for a bit, watch them play an intense game of corn hole. Also, in the summertime you start to see a lot more motorcycles and I have been a lover of them since I was a baby basically. I have never been on one and I blame my mother for that! However whenever my parents go on the long rides, I go over to my nana’s or a friend’s house for the day. It gets me off the internet for a few hours!
- Fireworks – Fourth of July is a good holiday to let off the big explosions into the sky. The fact that some places are selling fireworks during the last weeks of May got me in like the best mood ever. I love the pop-its the most! Fire crackers are becoming a favorite as long as somebody doesn’t throw them by me! Fireworks just excite me like no other and I just don’t know how to explain it.